Saturday 11 March 2017

A Welcome Splash of Colour


It's been a long time since I put anything on my blog.
I seem to lack motivation in that direction but I have been very busy in other ways.
I've been itching to get into the garden but when I'm at home it often rains and when it's sunny, I'm indoors at some other commitment that I go to. Being busy seems to be the answer to my wellbeing, though.

Today has been dull and the sky threatening, so I felt compelled to take this photo when I noticed the Bergenia, that livened up a very dismal patch of ground on my way back from shopping. Little things like that can lift my spirit.

I'm very committed to my Community singing group who regularly give concerts to raise money for different charities. The pace of learning new songs by heart is quite fast. This is where I feel my age! It takes up quite a large chunk of my week with communal practices and learning from CDs and sheet music at home. The words are the hardest thing for me to learn by heart though.
 I continue to get great pleasure from knitting in the group I belong to, as well as at home, while watching TV.  I'm making small brightly coloured blankets at the moment. for the local hospitals.

I've just got through another of my six monthly checks at Oncology and don't have to go again till Sept. I'm waiting for an appointment at The Eye Hospital as I was referred by my Optometrist with suspected cataracts. My hips and wrists complain a lot (my back too) and I have to coax it all to work properly in order to continue my activities.
Inside this rather decrepit body, there is a youngish person trying to get out!


11 comments:

Celia said...

Good to hear from you! Six checks in a month! You must have felt as though you lived there. I have trouble learning new songs too but that's the good thing about singing in a group, no one will really notice and you're making music. Lovely flowers. So far nothing in bloom over here. Our younger selves truly are inside there. I think that's part of what keeps us going. Love and hugs to you.

Maggie May said...

Celia! I go twice a year at six monthly intervals!

Jackie said...

So good to hear from you.
I'm glad that you don't have to go back to oncology for 6 more months.
Praise the Lord for all His wonderful mercies.
The flowers are beautiful, Maggie. I love "dirt" therapy....and I can't wait to get back out and plant, plant, and plant.
I crochet. You knit. We both love working in the garden and working with our hands.
Friends for always, we are.
Love you, sweet friend.
Jackie

ADDY said...

Gosh, you do sound busy, but it is very useful when trying to push sad things from your mind. Like you, I am beginning to notice physical changes that mean I cannot always do what I would like to do. I feel like a 25-year-old inside but the outside says differently!

Suldog said...

Lovely flowers. Do they smell as good as they look?

Saying a prayer for your health. God bless!

Wisewebwoman said...

Love photo. I needed that. Spring for us decrepidsin body but never in spirit.

Love to see your knitting and hear about the songs you're learning! 🎶

XO
WWW

Secret Agent Woman said...

That's a lovely flower color. I am so eager to garden but we've had some rain and cold, so I get out only sporadically.

Rose said...

Lovely blooms on the Bergenia! I don't think I've ever seen it in full bloom before. I'm ready to get out in the garden, too, but first I have to wait till the snow melts:) I think staying busy is the key to enjoying life as we get older. I wish I lived nearer--I'd ask you for knitting lessons!

MARY G said...

Your posts always have something pleasant in them. As I look out over the three inches of snow that fell last night , I tell myself that our spring will come too. Sometime soon!

UplayOnline said...

Do they smell as good as they look?


เย็ดสาว

Satta King said...

play bazaar
play bazaar

play bazaar Nasha aisa chhaya, teri aashiki kaHua dil diwana, teri sadgi kaYe aankhe jhuki si, ye sharimilipanBadan chandni sa, aur ye pairahanAjab sa sama hai, teri dilkashi kaNasha aisa chhaya teri aashiqi kaTu khamosh hai, ek tasvir jaiselage aise tu, meri takdir jaiseDiya hai mere dil ki tu raushni kaNasha aisa chhaya teri aashiki kaTeri ek jhalak ne diwana banayaHame khud se bhi begana banayaChhaya hai mere dil pe jadu ye bekhudi kaNasha aisa chhaya, teri aashiqi ka‘Avinash’ se jara tu bas pyar karke dekhBahon main aa ja ek pal ijhar karke dekhAajayega maja fir, jine main jindgi kaNasha aisa chhaya, teri aashiqi ka..