Photo Copyright: Maggie May
I am normally the kind of person who doesn't like spiders, so you may well ask why I have given this one pride of place on top of this post.
Well one of the granddaughters brought it home last Halloween and it ended up on my wall and has been there ever since.
Not sure how it has ended up on my blog though.
I get a lot of memes and awards and I apologise to the kind people who send them. I am really bad about passing these on and I know that someone asked me to write seven things that you didn't know about me. I have done this kind of thing before. Now I will attempt to write another seven.
1) When I was a child, I spent much of my school holiday in the Lake District because we had relatives there. We used to go camping in a field each year, first in a tent and later a small caravan that was fairly near to the relatives farm near Coniston Water. We used to spend three weeks of every year there and it always rained for those three weeks.
2) When I was about 17, my father let me try out his Lambretta scooter on our drive and unfortunately, he didn't tell me how to stop the machine and I went straight into our front gate, which I knocked off its hinges.
3) I've never enjoyed cooking and regard it as a chore. I was taught as a child to bake cakes and make simple meals but I've never really enjoyed the process..... only the eating.
4) The house where I live now, is the 5th house that I've ever lived in and I have been here longer than any of the others. (41 years!)
5) I prefer living in a city to the country. However I do love to visit the country for short spells (especially the sea) but I am happier in the city, where everything is at at hand.
6) My first memory is probably of me being left in a pram outside a butchers shop, where my mother (and everyone else's mother) had to queue for ages to get a small bit of meat, during the war years. I can remember bouncing about with boredom until the pram tipped up and my poor mother had to come to the rescue and missed her place in the queue.
7) My favourite colour is blue, but I also like green, pink and purple. Brown is my least favourite colour.
I am really sorry that I can't remember who set me this meme.
If anyone else would like to take up the challenge then that would be great. Let me know when you do it and I'll go and read it.