Wednesday 18 May 2016

What Kind Of City Is This?


Today I went to Bristol's M Shed, one of our smaller museums, where a large model city was on display. It was too large to get a full picture of it so I've had to zoom into different things.


You might ask what is so special about this model?
It is all knitted and crocheted by dozens of different people and the lady who displayed it was standing by the side of the display, busy knitting. It is a work in progress apparently. 
The whole city is called BRISWOOL.
I do lots of knitting but this would have taken me years to make.

9 comments:

Hilary said...

What a creative endeavour. Perhaps you could contribute a small section, if it's ongoing? Clever name. :)

Marie Smith said...

Incredible work has gone into that city! Priceless! Thanks for sharing it.

Shammickite said...

How wonderfully gorgeous! I love the whole idea of knitting a city!

Gosia said...

It looks great love from Poland

ADDY said...

Thought I recognised the suspension bridge in the first photo. How clever.

Rose said...

That's amazing! I do a little knitting but I am so slow, it would take me a lifetime to make something like this. And I doubt it would look like anything people would recognize:)

Celia said...

Fantastic knitting. I'd love to see that.

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh I'd love to see this. Clever name. Love the row houses particularly, we have those kind of houses here.

A huge amount of work. And yes, I'd love to be in your knitting club!

XO
WWW

Satta King said...

satta king
play bazaar

play bazaar
play bazaar Ik zara si ranjish say
Shak ki zard tehni per ph00l badgumani k
Is tarah say khiltay hain
Zindagi say piyary bhi
Ajnbi say lagtay hain
……Ghair ban k miltay hain
D0st dar lehj0n mein
Silvatain si perti hain
Umar bher ki chahat ka kuch sila nahee milta
Dasht e be-yaqeeni mein aasra nahee milta
Wahm0n k saaye say umar bher ki mehnat k0
Pal mein torr jatay hain
Bheer mein zamany ki
Saath ch00t jatay hain
Ik zara si ranjish say
Haath ch00t jatay hain
Khuwaab t00t jatay hain!!!!!