Thursday 17 January 2008

Indoor Snow Scene

Rick, my eleven year old grandson, came downstairs & said, "Grannie, I think Amber and Millie have done something wrong."
My daughter, Debbie, who was visiting us for a few days, had been remarking that it was very quiet upstairs especially as there were four children in the house.
Alarm bells ringing, my son, Sam & I went dashing upstairs.
Rick led us into the spare room that Debbie had been sleeping in.
The scene that awaited us was unbelievable. I had no idea that half a packet of wallpaper paste could go so far when sprinkled around to create a snow storm! Why ever didn't I throw it out? What a stupid place to keep it under the guest room sink, even if it was in the cupboard.
All four children looked decidedly sheepish. 
Dean, my 9 year old grandson & Rick looked  somewhat guilty and both of them had smirks on their faces but denied any knowledge of the act. Amber, aged 5 was saying, "It wasn't me." Millie, aged 3 insisted it wasn't her.
I wonder who really inspired this?
Maybe we shall never know!


4 comments:

Swearing Mother said...

I haven't got grandchildren yet but your posts make me laugh..... is this what I've got coming to me?

Maggie May said...

Trust me, you'll love them to bits no matter how naughty they are :-)

Judith said...

Glad you found me, Maggie May, and I'm glad to meet you too. Keep it up - you've started well. It's the small details of life that we enjoy laughing at, because they are commone to us all.

Maggie May said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Judith