Tuesday 17 August 2010

Pecorama Gardens

Photos Copyright: Maggie May

Behind this wall is a secret place............

It is a small grotto with a fishy creature guarding it.


These are the steps that lead down to the grotto on the other side of that wall.
It is all part of the Pecorama gardens in Beer, where we satisfied our grandsons' passion for model trains together with the grown ups' passion for lovely gardens. The two things were combined. A building full of model trains for the boys to ooooohhh and aaaahhhhh over, and then a slow browse round the gardens followed by a long train ride on a bigger model train.

This mosaic was in the section of the garden labelled the Moon Garden.

Of course, this had to be the Sun Garden


All through these gardens are bridges...........

..............steps............


and little paths that seem to urge you on, making you want to turn the corner and see what other lovely display might be waiting to be discovered.

The Rainbow garden was very cleverly planted.


The froggy planter and the mosaic sword fish below were just two of the many things that we did stumble on and I really loved these gardens.
There was also a large aviary where I watched the budgerigars and lovebirds while the boys went back to the trains and there were also different play areas for them to run about and climb on.
I wonder if any of you have been there?






31 comments:

Saz said...

what a surprise to find something so cosmopolitan looking in UK...fab thanks for sharing..love the mspaaic....

Akelamalu said...

What a lovely place! I absolutely love the rainbow garden and all your photos are fantastic!

CorvusCorax12 said...

beautiful

Jinksy said...

I'm Oo-ing and Ah-ing with you after looking at all your lovely photos. :)

Jeni said...

Oh my, Maggie! You have such great talent in finding and photographing the most beautiful flowers -whether they be in your house or yard or hither, thither and yon! These pics were really stunning. Thanks for giving me something this beautiful to look at this morning!

Ayak said...

What a beautiful place Maggie, and lovely photos.

CiCi said...

Oh my gosh there are some amazing sights in these gardens. Lovely.

Sueann said...

What a beautiful garden!! Love the Moon Mosaic! Just gorgeous!
Hugs
SueAnn

Bernie said...

I love this post, enjoyed all of your photo's and I loved that you had such a good time especially with the grandchildren. Be well my friend......:-) Hugs

Rosaria Williams said...

What a treat for us! Thank you!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

What beautiful gardens Maggie. I had not heard of them before and would certainly like to visit them myself. A x

cheshire wife said...

Well worth the visit! The rainbow garden is ingenious. Didn't you take even one photograph of a train?

Sherry O'Keefe said...

oh my. i needed this, thank you.

Hilary said...

Such a beautiful spot with so much eye candy... all of which you captured so well.

Unknown said...

This looks like such a wonderful place Miss Maggie May! I love that you could have a fun outing and satisfy everyone's need for fun : ) and entertainment. What gorgeous gardens.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Beautiful pics Maggie. I remember going there many years ago. Well worth a visit. I love Beer beach. Again haven't been for years but loved the way you could get a tray of tea, with a proper teapot, to enjoy at your deckchair

Brian Miller said...

very cool. love all the stonework...those stairs....even the brass ball...seems rather peaceful to me...smiles.

Rose said...

A lovely place--definitely some place I would make a point to visit if I lived closer. The rainbow garden is amazing, but my favorite has to be the blue mosaic tile--gorgeous!

What About The Girl? said...

There are so many lovely places to visit. The rainbow garden is one of them!

secret agent woman said...

What a magical place!

Irene said...

That's a very pretty place you went to Maggie. I would have enjoyed myself a lot there too. I love visiting gardens and a grotto is always a nice extra. I haven't seen one in a long time. Do continue to post photos of your vacation. I enjoy them so much.

SandyCarlson said...

What a magical botanical place!

RNSANE said...

What a lovely spot that offered something for both you and the grandchildren. The gardens are just beautiful! I spent most of yesterday at our San Francisco Botannical Gardens with a blogging friend - great weather and still a lot of beautiful flowers. The bees were out by the hundreds though they weren't even a bit interested in us with out cameras.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

very pretty...and serene...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! What a lovely outing both for you and the children.

Catherine said...

What a great idea - something for everyone - and such lovely photos.

Suldog said...

What a lovely place! No, I've never been, but I certainly would like to see it some day.

MARY G said...

I only wish. I adore the mosaic tile and your photos are really, really nice. Thanks for sharing this.

Bluestocking Mum said...

How stunning.

Wonderful location and super photos.

warm wishes

Mimi said...

What a beautiful place, I'll file that name for a future visit.
I particularly love the steps with lavender overhanging.
The mosaics are very pretty too, I'd imagine they look lovely in a garden.
Thanks for sharing this, Maggie.

Marguerite said...

The gardens and the moon mosaic are gorgeous. Your photos are beautiful and I really enjoyed the lovely tour! Thanks for sharing!