Wednesday 18 November 2009

Help Yourself Friends


I was thrilled to receive this lovely gift of aromatherapy hand and body lotion from Mimi that she made up herself. She chose *balance* and *harmony* as the ingredients, as she obviously feels this will do me good. This cream has a lovely smell.
She also made up the lovely card to go with it and that smelt of roses. Marvellous gesture and very much appreciated.
Mimi lives in Eire and the package crossed the Irish Sea in a boat, I think because it took a long time to get here. Bristol had had a postal strike at the time she sent it but it plopped into my house yesterday.
I put some on my hand and sniffed it as I fell asleep and I managed to get over 5 hours which was lovely as I hadn't been sleeping well before that.


I am hopeless at giving out awards as I usually have to get my son to help me and do not like to be a nuisance. However I found this one in a folder from the past so I didn't have to go into my awards gadget, that I find hard to fathom out. If there is anyone on my blog who considers themselves a friend of mine, then please take an award.
You are more numerous than the stars. Well no...... that's an exaggeration.... but too numerous to mention. I appreciate you all more than I can say.



Footnote: I attended a different hospital today to talk to a Consultant about my cancer diagnosis and future care.
The latest is that I have to have a CT scan in two weeks and after a thorough examination by him today, he says I have a secondary cancerous lump in my groin where they did a biopsy. He has so far found no evidence of cancer in any of the places that he has examined me.
If the CAT scan does not show any evidence of primary cancer, then he has enough knowledge from the biopsy of how best to treat the secondary. (Radiation treatment.)
It seems a superb hospital and I have my own cancer nurse who is there for me any time I have a query.
It seems that there is a good chance that I will never know where the primary cancer is and he told me about another lady who was almost identical to me with her diagnosis and after having her radiation treatment and getting her lump zapped, she went on to have no further trouble and after five years he discharged her.
I feel better now. Oh and he said I was fighting fit and that many nurses couldn't walk up the steep hill to the hospital that I bounded up in no time!

29 comments:

aims said...

I am just so delighted - this is just great news!

Many many hugs my friend.

xoxoxo
aims

Nessa said...

I am so glad for your good news. And what a lovely gift you received.

Wordless Wednesday - Pirates' Strumpet

it's possible google reader dropped my feed again

http://vanessavkilmer.com/?feed=rss2

Anonymous said...

This is hugely positive news and I feel so much better on your behalf.

Mimi is one kind lady, I'm sure the ointment will be great for you.

CJ xx

Formerly known as Frau said...

That is great news! My fingers are crossed and saying my prayers. Have a wonderful day!

Mimi said...

Maggie, I'm so happy for you, I was hoping so much for good news for you, and here it is.
Glad you're enjoying the cream, keep using it, my friend!
Mimi xxx

Thumbelina said...

*sigh of relief*

Holding breath now for the next prayers to be answered.

(((hugs)))

Suburbia said...

That's fab news. What a lovely man he must have been.

Still wishing for you :)

larkswing said...

Wonderful news! So glad you got a goodie package AND a good nap!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, Maggie...I'm doing a jig!!! Such wonderful and encouraging news!!! I continue to pray...along with so many others, I know!!! And God is doing great things...and I will pray that it just keeps getting better and better for you!!! Love you much!! Janine XO

Chic Mama said...

What a lovely pressie.
I'm pleased that the doctor has been so positive.
I'd try every type of alternative therapy you can do/afford as well. If nothing else it is relaxing.

Eddie Bluelights said...

That's much better news Maggie - I am absolutely thrilled with this much more positive news. I do hope and pray the whole thing turns on a sixpence and it is soon finally dealt with so you can get on with your life with mo further worries. I do hope and pray this will be so. Hugs to my big sister ~ Love Eddie x

Ayak said...

Encouraging news Maggie, and you are clearly being very positive about your treatment and future. Keep your chin up and know that we are all thinking of you xxx

Alyson | New England Living said...

So glad to hear it! Such a scary position to be in and I can only imagine what a relief any good news is.

Mickle in NZ said...

Hooray! Much better news, a reason to celebrate with chocolate which is a heaps nicer reason to indulge.

love and huggles,

Mickle and Zebbycat, xxx and happy purrs

Marguerite said...

What wonderful news! I am so happy that you got a second opinion and that this doctor is more supportive and positive! My heart and prayers are with you!

Dimple said...

I am glad. You come to mind often, and I say a little prayer when you do.
God bless!

Rose said...

How sweet of Mimi--it's amazing how uplifting aromatherapy can be.

But most of all, I'm so happy to hear your news--this sounds so postitive! Keep up that "fighting fit" attitude!

Jackie said...

I smiled such a big smile as I read the news of your consult today. What a difference a day makes. What a difference hope brings. I'm so happy to read that he has so far found no cancer in any of the places he has examined. Answered prayers, Maggie...and we continue to pray...without ceasing :))
Many hugs and smiles to you,
Jackie

Sandi McBride said...

Oh my, so glad you told us this great news, because great news it is!! I'm sure that your attitude is part of your healing...that and all the prayers that are continuing .
hugs
Sandi

Bernie said...

What a lovely friend Mimi is, did she have lavendar in the cream as that always helps me to drift off.

Oh Maggie the news from your doctor is wonderful....I am so happy and grateful that all of our prayers are being answered. Stay well my friend and know you are always in my heart and prayers..:-) Hugs

www.retiredandcrazy.com said...

Exellent news Maggie.

Jinksy said...

That is so good to hear - long may the positive side prevail!

Irene said...

That's good news, Maggie. It isn't all doom and gloom, there's some sunshine behind the dark clouds. Let's keep looking at it positively and assume the best. At least you are in good fighting shape, we know that much. That must be one heck of a hill you climbed.

Expat mum said...

Good news. Award at my place.

cheshire wife said...

That sounds a lot more positive. I hope that he is right.

CWx

Robin said...

Maggie, I don't come around for awhile and wow, so much is happening in your life. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

Saz said...

very positive words from Mr Consultant, that s great news Maggie!

And a learning curve for many of us!
Take care of yourself, take the time for you!

Hilary said...

That's very encouraging news, Maggie. Hugs to you. :)

Anonymous said...

This is very good news Maggie. (((((HUGS))))) I've not been able to blog in the past few weeks, so I was trilled to hear this.
XXXXXXXXX